Find out what’s coming up on the Friesian calendar.
A Keuring is the most important event on the Friesian Horse calendar in New Zealand. The 2019 Keuring Tour is not far away.
Applications are now open for the 2019 NZFHS Keuring, taking place at NEC Taupo on Saturday 23rd March 2019. Entries close 15 January 2019, and late entries are accepted to 28 February (late fee applies).
Click here to download the entry forms to be completed and returned. Please make yourself aware of these. As a summary, it is important that:
- The owner of the horse enters the horse(s) or foal(s) and pays the fees. Fees for admission in the adult book, ster, crown or model register will be invoiced after the keuring. The IBOP fee also needs to be paid up front.
- You are a member in 2018. The deadline for membership renewal is 28 February 2019. A late fee applies for memberships renewed after that date as your membership must be reinstated after that date.
- The keuring entry form is received by us on or before 15 January 2019. Late entries are accepted up until 28 February 2019 and the total entry fee is then $225 (which includes a $50 late fee). Total fees for foals have been discounted to $50 as they receive a 50 % discount on the NZFHS costs and the KFPS does not charge a keuring fee.
- Horses and foals can we withdrawn up until 28 February 2019. After that date the paid fees are not refundable unless a vet certificate is provided within five (5) days from the date of the keuring location the horse is entered in.
- NO ENTRIES ARE ACCEPTED ON THE DAY!!
- You can now have your 1 and 2 year colts also judged, not just observed as in the past. They can receive a premie. Charges are as for horses.
- For assessing a breeding permit fb stallion, only the NZFHS fee is applicable.
- If the foal is yet to be born, enter the foal on the form by leaving the name blank and note “to be born” in DOB column.
Contact for general enquiries, President Louis Weitenberg on 027 956 5515 or email email@example.com